WhatsApp now lets you create a digital version of yourself with avatars. Here’s how to make your own.
WhatsApp now lets you create your own avatar in the app to represent yourself in a digital form, similar to the avatar feature on Facebook.
Here’s what that means for you and how to create your own avatar on WhatsApp.
How to Create a WhatsApp Avatar
Thanks to a November 2022 update, WhatsApp allows you to create your own avatar, creating a digital version of yourself. You can set this avatar as your profile picture or use it to create 36 custom stickers to send to friends and family.
When creating your avatar, you can choose from many different combinations of skin tones, hairstyles, hair color, facial features, outfits, and more. Follow the steps below to create your own avatar on WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp app and tap the three-dots menu.
- Go to Settings > Avatar, tap Create Your Avatar, and then tap Get started.
- Choose your avatar’s skin tone, hairstyle, hair color, face shape, face lines, eye shape, eye color, eyebrows, eyewear, mouth, lip color, body, outfit, and many more details.
- Once finished, tap Done and then tap Save changes to confirm your selections.
- Once your avatar is saved, tap Next to continue. Here, you can set your avatar as your profile picture, browse personalized stickers, edit, or delete your avatar entirely.
You can also create an avatar on Instagram the same way you did on WhatsApp. And if you’re curious, you can also see a digital version of yourself using Snapchat’s avatar lens that was launched in 2021.
Create Your Avatar on WhatsApp
Avatars on WhatsApp are one of the ways Meta is trying to push its metaverse narrative, introducing the concept to a wider audience of regular users. If you like customizing characters, creating your own avatar is going to be really fun.
You can use your avatar to create personalized stickers and send them to friends and family, expressing yourself in a more vivid way without having to take a picture or record a video.