If you’re an avid YouTube Music user, then there’s a good chance you know all about its seasonal recaps. The music streaming platform automatically creates these recaps based on the music you listened to over the last season, making it easy to relive all of your favorite memories with music.
If you don’t already see your recap, don’t worry; this guide can help you.
What Are YouTube Music Seasonal Recaps?
YouTube Music’s seasonal recaps let you listen to a recap of your top songs, artists, playlists, and albums from the last season. This feature is similar to Apple Music’s Replay and Spotify’s Wrapped. However, YouTube Music enables users to share seasonal recaps all year round.
You can explore a swipeable carousel of six stat pages on the ‘Your Recap’ page. The first card displays your top artist, song, and total minutes listened, while the subsequent cards list your top five songs, artists, playlists, albums, and genres.
How to View Your YouTube Music Seasonal Recap (Mobile)
It’s important to note that for you to view your YouTube Music Season Recap, you have to be a YouTube premium subscriber. Note that you’ll only get a season recap if you’ve listened to at least 2 hours of music between the start and end of a season.
Here’s how you can view your YouTube Music Season Recap:
- On your Android or iOS device, open the YouTube Music app.
- Tap your user profile picture in the top right corner of the screen. If you haven’t set a user profile picture, the image will display the first letter of your Google Account username.
- Then tap on Your Recap from the list of options.
- You will find your seasonal recap top stats, which list your top artist, your top song, and the number of minutes you spent listening to them. You can also swipe to the left to view your top five songs, artists, playlists, albums, and genre stats.
If you want to share what you listen to, you can easily download and share the picture of each recap carousel by tapping the share button and selecting a social media app.
How to View Your YouTube Music Seasonal Recap (Desktop)
You can also check your seasonal recaps on your favorite browser. First, you need to:
- Go to the YouTube Music website.
- Click on your profile photo in the top-right corner, and click Your Channel.
- Following that, scroll down until you find Your Recap, and when you click on it, you will see your season recap playlists. You can listen, star, or share these playlists with friends. However, you can’t access stats cards on the YouTube Music web version.
How to Share Your Seasonal Recap (Desktop)
To share your seasonal recap playlist, follow these steps:
- Open the season recap playlist.
- Next to the playlist, click the three-dot menu.
- Click Share. You can share your season recap playlist on social media, embed it, or email it to others.
YouTube Music Seasonal Recaps: A Great Way to Experience Your Favorite Music
YouTube Music Seasonal Recaps is an awesome YouTube Music feature. With recaps, you can listen to your favorite songs and artists. If you want to relax by listening to Sia’s The Greatest on repeat but don’t want to hear her acoustic version as much, you can tune it out with YouTube Music Seasonal Recaps.
This intuitive tool allows YouTube Music Premium users on Android or iOS devices to listen to music through AI-powered playlists that have been curated based on time of year, mood, and genre preferences. You can think of it as an extra playlist added to your regular library, complete with handpicked songs that represent what’s hot at each time of year.