You may be familiar with System Report in macOS, but the way to access it has slightly changed with the macOS Ventura update.
macOS Ventura has introduced a bunch of design changes to macOS, which brings the interface more in-line with Apple’s iOS and iPadOS experience. This includes visual changes to different aspects of the operating system, including System Settings, various menus, and so on.
One such change is the location of your Mac’s System Report, which is the central repository to check the status of your Mac’s hardware, including its components and peripherals. The method to access your Mac’s System Report has slightly changed in macOS Ventura, which we’ve covered below.
What Is a System Report?
If you’re looking to find any hardware or software information about your Mac or need to troubleshoot a problem (for instance, if you’re trying to speed up your Mac), your Mac’s System Report is the place to look.
The System Report utility provides every small detail about your Mac, which you can use to find information about specific hardware or peripherals on your Mac.
How to Access Your Mac’s System Report
There are two methods to access a System Report on your Mac: the About My Mac section or the System Settings app. We’ve covered both methods for you below.
1. From About This Mac
The first method to access the System Report is from the About This Mac menu. This method has slightly changed in macOS Ventura compared to previous versions. So, follow the steps below:
- On your Mac, click on the Apple logo in the top-left corner.
- Select About This Mac from the dropdown.
- You should see the basic details about your Mac here. Click on More Info.
- In the System Settings window that opens, scroll down and select System Report.
- This will open up the System Report, where you can find all the hardware-related details, including your Mac’s serial number, model number, hardware UUID, and more.
2. From System Settings
The second method to access the System Report is from System Settings itself. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open System Settings on your Mac from the Dock or use Spotlight search.
- From the left pane, select General.
- Select About, then scroll down and select System Report.
- This will open the System Report on your Mac.
Getting Used to macOS Ventura’s Interface
Apple’s macOS Ventura update has changed the interface of System Settings (formerly known as System Preferences), and it will take some time to get used to the new design. The new System Settings interface is similar to the Settings app on an iPhone or iPad, so this shouldn’t be an issue if you use one of those devices.
The System Report, which you can now find in System Settings, contains all the relevant hardware and software information about your Mac, which will assist in troubleshooting your Mac. Although you might not need it every day, it’s handy to know how to access it whenever you may require it.