Is your favorite PC game crashing regularly or not opening at all? Maybe there’s an issue with the game files. But don’t worry—you don’t have to delete and reinstall the game to fix it.
Most game launchers let you verify the game files, which check whether the game is installed correctly on your computer. So, let’s see how to verify the game file integrity across different launchers. That way, you can get back to gaming as soon as possible.
What Happens When You Verify the Integrity of Game Files?
Verifying your game files is among the most critical features of all game launchers. This can help you get rid of any issues with the game. After all, corrupted game files could be one of the reasons your game keeps crashing.
When you use this feature, the game launcher will look through the game’s destination folder to check for any missing or corrupt files. The launcher will automatically download the required file if it finds anything missing. It’ll also look for corruption in files and replace them with their authentic counterparts on its servers.
How to Verify Game File Integrity on Steam
Steam is among the top gaming platforms on the internet. It is the place to download some of the most popular titles like Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Left 4 Dead, and Dota.
But for any reason, if a game is not working correctly, you can use Steam’s Verify integrity of game files feature. Here’s how:
- Launch Steam and click the Library tab at the top.
- Right-click on the game that’s not working properly, and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Click Local Files in the left panel.
- Click the Verify integrity of game files option.
Steam will scan the game files and compare them with the authentic ones on its servers. If any critical file is missing, Steam will automatically download it to the game’s destination folder.
How to Verify Game Files Integrity on EA Desktop
EA Desktop is the default launcher for EA games. If any EA game, like The Sims 4, needs to be fixed, you can use the Repair feature of the EA Desktop app.
The Repair feature is similar to Steam’s Verify integrity of game files. It detects and fixes corrupt game files.
Here’s how to use the EA Desktop repair feature:
- Open the EA Desktop app.
- Click My Collection.
- Click on the three dots on the problematic game and choose the Repair option.
That’s it. Wait until the repair process is complete. After that, restart the EA Desktop app, and you’ll notice that you are no longer facing any problems with the game.
How to Verify Game File Integrity on Epic Games Launcher
Epic Games Launcher is the place to download and play Epic Games. It also comes with the verify feature that is useful to eliminate most of the Epic Games issues. To use this feature, follow the below steps:
- Launch the Epic Games Launcher.
- Choose Library from the left panel. Here you will find all the installed games.
- Click on the three dots next to the name of the game that’s facing issues and choose Manage from the context menu.
- Click the Verify button next to Verify files.
Epic Games Launcher will start verifying the game files. Depending on the game’s size, the process may take a few minutes. Once it’s done, click the Launch button to start the game.
How to Verify Game File Integrity on GOG Galaxy
GOG Galaxy is another popular game launcher that combines all your favorite PC games in a single place. If you’re facing issues with a game installed on GOG Galaxy, you can fix it using the below instructions:
- Open the GOG Galaxy launcher on your computer and click on Owned games in the left panel.
- Right-click on the game you want to fix, hover the cursor to Manage installation and choose the Verify / Repair option.
The GOG Galaxy launcher will start repairing the game. You can manage the repair process by clicking the Downloads option in the left panel.
After the game is repaired, relaunch the launcher and check for the problem.
How to Verify Game File Integrity on Ubisoft Connect
Ubisoft Connect is a platform for streaming Ubisoft games, connecting with friends, and winning rewards. It is the place to download and play some of the most popular games, like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Far Cry 6, and TrackMania.
You can verify the integrity of Ubisoft Connect games by following the below steps:
- Open Ubisoft Connect on your computer and click the Games tab.
- Right-click on the game you want to repair and choose Verify files from the context menu.
- A repair window will crop up and start validating the game files.
Once complete, click the Close button and launch the game.
How to Verify Game File Integrity on Battle.net
It’s effortless to verify game files on the Battle.net launcher. Here are the exact steps you need to follow:
- In the Battle.net launcher, click the All Games option at the top.
- Click on My Games in the left panel.
- Select the game that is facing issues.
- Click on the Gear icon next to the Play button and choose Scan and Repair from the menu that appears.
- Click Begin Scan in the prompt that crops up.
Battle.net will begin the scan and compare the available files with those on its servers. It’ll automatically replace the corrupt files with their authentic counterparts.
How to Verify Game File Integrity on Origin
Origin also comes with a repair feature that you can use to troubleshoot issues with any of its games. Here’s how:
- Launch the Origin launcher and click on My Game Library in the left panel.
- Click on the game you want to repair.
- Click on the Gear icon and choose the Repair option.
Repair Game Files With Ease
Game files can easily get corrupted. This may happen due to faulty hard drives, sudden power failure, malware, or something else. Fortunately, you can quickly repair or replace such corrupt game files using the repair feature in different game launchers.
But if you’re downloading game files for a new game on Steam and it’s taking too long, you should check out our fixes that’ll help speed up your Steam downloads.